Thursday, April 5, 2012

ARGH. Drawing is haaaard... fux. Couch Drunkies! Bad Drawing #95

OK, so all I need is two guys on a couch. No problem right?

Here's what I've got so far...



Seriously... cannot draw this for the life of me.

Should have drawn more, TV'd less, these last 15 years.

Stay tuned... or TOONed! LOLZ! - fuk u interwebs for making me write that.

UPDATE!

So this is as it stands right now.... I went over it with a dark pencil and tried to save it. It looks shit.


BUT... What I can do now is flip the next page over and use it as a base to start again.

I used to be an assistant animator at Dreamworks, and my job was to go over shitty animator drawings and make them look good. However, even shitty animator drawings at Dreamworks was a HELL of a lot better than the best drawings I have here, so there was more to work with.

It's not TOO hard to fix a slightly-off line on a Keith Baxter drawing (his drawings are damn near perfect to start)... Especially when your desk is covered with hundreds of drawings of exactly what the character needs to look like...

That said, I will now attempt to make this drawing useable. Bad Drawing #95... "Couch Drunkies"


How I kept a job in animation I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment