Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes baby toys! Drawing #16 and #17.

Growing up in Calgary, Alberta, my two best friends were Jeff and Kevin Swingler. They lived across the street from us, and our families were really tight.

My brother and I went through just about every toy fad there was in the 80's with Jeff, Kevin, and their little brother, David. But the biggest obsession was probably G.I. JOE.

Of all the figures we had, Jeff's favorite was "Storm Shadow", the white Ninja who fought for Cobra, and Kevin was partial (I believe) to "Snake Eyes" The black Ninja, brother to Storm Shadow, who fought for G.I. JOE.



Recently, both Jeff and Kevin had baby boys. So, I figured it would be cool to design some toys to have made and send to them. Below are my designs for "Storm Shadow" and "Snake Eyes" stuffed ninjas. Each will come with a baby blanket with the ninja clan symbol on them.



My girlfriend Arlyn, she of peanut gallery fame, will be making them a reality... she is my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment