Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Robot Fail?

Well if number grades mean anything, then the Threadless community officially labeled "Robot Party in my Tummy" one of the "Million BAD Drawings"... like 2.37 out of 5 BAD.

You jerks.

Well anyways... that sucks. Robot Tummy was actually just a Flash rendering of this orignial piece "Orgybots 2000", a piece I did for a Deighton's show way back. Arlyn has it now in her office at work.





So after THAT burn, what now? Do I every try the elitist Threadless again? SURE! What else do I have to do?

At least it gives "A Million Bad Drawings" another project.

There is a problem though... I don't want to be the guy harassing everyone on Facebook to vote anymore, so that means posting any new submission and letting it just be judged by the community at Threadless - and those bastards probably won't let me score me through the first day (you can get booted for having too low a score in the first 24 hours)

Well we'll see...

1 comment:

  1. (This is Robin, FYI)

    First of all, I actually really dug the design. I think your first mistake was changing the name. "Orgybots 2000" is pretty awesome. Maybe some simple colours next time, too? Don't give up on Threadless; calling this a "burn" is a bit of stretch.

    And I wouldn't worry too much about posting your submissions to Facebook. It's what it's there for. As long as it doesn't get stupid spammy, I don't think anyone would mind.

    You COULD also set up a Twitter account that automatically makes your tweets Facebook updates as I do. It could even be exclusive to this blog project. One account, two audiences. I mean, there's a reason a picture of my shoe got 25 views in 5 minutes.

    Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete