Thursday, August 5, 2010

Drawing #1


So this is something I just doodled at my desk while I was rendering...

It's a bear skull. I like bears.

Yeah so I doodled around it in ink, then passed it off to Arlyn who wanted to color it in.

What is my critique?

Well... I actually pictured the bear skull part of it a little more bad ass and skully... and I'm not sure what I was trying to do when I put all the fire-like stuff around it...

So I can't say it's "Bad" but it doesn't accomplish what I want since a doodle will always be a doodle. You can't say "That's a terrible doodle!" since a doodle is rarely planned, and therefore can't be done wrong...

And the coloring on Arlyn's part works for me... and she wants to keep it, so that's a success anyways...

but it IS a drawing, and since I can see in my head what a wicked artist could have done with this same piece, I will consider it as one of the "bad" ones... so 999,999 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment